As a senior legal assistant at the firm, I may be your first point of contact when you call our office as the lawyers may be in meetings or at proceedings. If you have been involved in a personal injury incident such as a motor vehicle accident or a slip and fall incident, there are several questions I may ask you in order for me to properly understand what occurred. I will then forward this information to the lawyers who will assess your claim and determine if it is something they would be able to assist with.
Some preliminary questions that may be asked during our call are as follows:
- Basic details about yourself, such as your name, age and address
- The exact location, time and date of the accident
- A timeline of how the incident occurred
- The names and contact information of all parties involved
- Insurance information of all parties involved
- A list of your injuries and how the incident has affected you physically, emotionally and financially
- Whether or not there were any witnesses to the incident
- Whether or not you have lost any income due to time off work, or if you had to miss any school
- A copy of the police report or report number
- Pictures of the scene of the accident and of your injuries
If you or a loved one have been in a personal injury incident and would like to discuss your legal options, call the Jasmine Daya & Co. team at (416) 967-9100 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.